I took a day off work recently and went on a thrift trip to Thriftique in Lawrenceville. I enjoy thrifting with my mom and a few friends, but a solo thrift can also be oddly satisfying. Here's a rundown of some dressing room pics.
Here's the haul for the dressing room.
Should a redhead of my shade wear orange? Perhaps, but not this orange and not this dress. The armholes on this J.Crew dress were too tight.
I've been thinking about caftans and big tent dresses for around the house. This one had pockets! And it went into the maybe pile, just about made it to the yes pile, but ultimately did not get.
Another tight arm hole and overall tight across the bust.
LOVE this look of boy plaid with boy pants. I wasn't in the market for pants, but needed something to try on with shirts. Pants are originally men's from Everlane.
Found this luscious grandpa sweater originally from Orvis. Pardon the streaks on the mirror.
This is where/when I found the t-shirt from this post.
Popped on a little sweater, originally from J.Crew
Such a disappointment this shirt was gaping at the bust because I was hoping to create an outfit with the pants and this blazer.
Right?! This concept came together in the middle of the shopping out in the racks, but did not obviously work in the room.
However, the blazer and pants are great together and I'll probably wear them with a graphic tee for a fall outfit here soon, similar to this outfitting concept post.
Lastly this peplum top that I ultimately did not get because the fabric didn't breathe and I had trouble getting in and out of it. Never a good sign if a garment has you "stuck".
I went into this thrift trip looking for dresses and unique tops. I came out of it with 2 pairs of men's pants ($5 each) the grandpa sweater ($10) the blazer and the Gucci tee. I also inadvertently picked up some cuff links that were labeled as clip-on earrings. Overall a great shop. Every so often you need to take a day for yourself and just go exploring your city. Whether it's through coffee shops, thrifting, walking, brewery visits or a museum, all adults with the means should take themselves out on solo dates. Once and awhile take yourself out and show yourself a good time!














Comments
Post a Comment