Skip to main content

September Shorts

It's officially September and Virgo season and school is back in session with Labor Day and the end of summer on the horizon. Still quite warm out so it was shorts and a tank for this outfit. 











tank-Gap, shorts-Uniqlo(more options here), sunglasses-Versace(more options here), earrings-Amazon, ring-Jewel Mint(available at Poshmark), necklace-Mejuri, shoes-Amazon again..(similar here)


A want to note that I'm wearing a big mix of new and old pieces in this outfit. A very old ring from the former jewelry subscription brand Jewel Mint that now appears to be a private label jewelry business... but the original brand pieces can be found on many a reseller site. This pair of floral wedges, which I first featured back in 2012(!!!) here where from a Amazon Brand "Endless" that has been sucked up into the general Amazon Fashion. The tank is new and the shorts were a pandemic buy and first featured in this post here. All this is to say, hold onto your pieces that speak to you and wear them as the weather allows. Very much looking forward to the change of season and autumnal outfitting. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Lennox Realness!

Love the tuxedo detail of these cropped pants. coat/pants-Jcrew(similar here and here ), blazer-Zara(similar here ), shirt-Asos(sort of similar here ), shoes-DSW(really cool here ), gloves-Brian Atwood for Neiman Marcus/Target(more gloves here ), sunglasses-Banana Republic(similar here ) I'm feeling very Annie Lennox circa Eurythmics in this outfit, eh? Most times wearing a coat is a necessity, not necessarily an intricate part of the outfit, but here it really makes the look. And even though the blazer is covered up the hints of it, almost like a lining, work break up an all grey/white look.  And now for your viewing pleasure  Sweet Dreams:   Have a great weekend!

Hamptons-Poolside-Chic meets Sue Ellen Ewing Early '80's Realness

Okay, this post title is ridiculous I know, BUT come on, it's accurate am I right? blouse- JOA via Le Tote , necklace/bracelet- Le Tote , trousers- Zara , belt-J.Crew,(similar here ) wedges- Sole Society These pleated drapey pants scream early 80's glamour. Paired with this sailor-suit-esque blouse I was definitely ready for a seaside cocktail party, right? This outfit also called to mind the elegance of early 80's  Dallas .  It has been my experience that as a child of the 80's one's house was either in the Dallas camp or the Dynasty camp. We were a Dallas household for sures. So, one of my earliest style influences was Sue Ellen Ewing . Despite the pills, the booze, the philandering husband, and lost potential of a life on her own terms Miss Sue Ellen kept it quite fierce especially in the early years of the show.  Here she is serving up sternum-baring chic!  I tried to watch the reboot of the series on TNT, but I just couldn...

Cowboy Boots & Floral Skirts

Western wear has seen a resurgence here with the Cowboy Carter of it all, among other influences. I'm not one for cowgirl cosplay, but I do enjoy a good boot. Here I've styled by western boots with a mixed print autumnal outfit.  Blazer-- Luciano Barbera via Threadflip(now defunct), henley-Gap(similar here ), shirt-Uniqlo(similar here ), skirt- Amazon , boots-Coconuts via DSW(similar here ), necklace/bracelet- Slide Jewelry , ring/necklace-Ana Luisa(similar here and here ) I last featured these boots in a spring/summer look here . And I styled them with this same skirt back in April here . While this top is part of a "matching set" featured here  I'm doing the classic styling hack of "breaking it up" and the olive green coordinates with the skirt. You can watch my reel of the cinching drawstring features of this shirt here .  Again I'm wearing the promotional Slide Jewelry set. Here's a referral link to also become an ambassador for discounts ...