Skip to main content

Matching Set and Watermellon

 It has been a summery few weeks here in Pittsburgh. With highs in the 80s, it feels more like July then May. So this gauzy matching set has been coming in handy for work, errands, church, and meet-ups.  


















matching set-Old Navy, tote-I can't recall but more options on Etsy here, sunnies-Versace(more here), necklace-Mejuri(similar here), wedges-Eileen Fisher(similar here)

I'm really going high/low with this 'fit. We have designer and name brand accessories paired with fast fashion garments for a casual, but impactful look.  Apparently I'm a big fan of orange in May and I've also picked up the matching shorts for this shirt to wear into summer. Looks like there are cooler days ahead, but summer will be here before you know it! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Lennox Realness!

Love the tuxedo detail of these cropped pants. coat/pants-Jcrew(similar here and here ), blazer-Zara(similar here ), shirt-Asos(sort of similar here ), shoes-DSW(really cool here ), gloves-Brian Atwood for Neiman Marcus/Target(more gloves here ), sunglasses-Banana Republic(similar here ) I'm feeling very Annie Lennox circa Eurythmics in this outfit, eh? Most times wearing a coat is a necessity, not necessarily an intricate part of the outfit, but here it really makes the look. And even though the blazer is covered up the hints of it, almost like a lining, work break up an all grey/white look.  And now for your viewing pleasure  Sweet Dreams:   Have a great weekend!

Hamptons-Poolside-Chic meets Sue Ellen Ewing Early '80's Realness

Okay, this post title is ridiculous I know, BUT come on, it's accurate am I right? blouse- JOA via Le Tote , necklace/bracelet- Le Tote , trousers- Zara , belt-J.Crew,(similar here ) wedges- Sole Society These pleated drapey pants scream early 80's glamour. Paired with this sailor-suit-esque blouse I was definitely ready for a seaside cocktail party, right? This outfit also called to mind the elegance of early 80's  Dallas .  It has been my experience that as a child of the 80's one's house was either in the Dallas camp or the Dynasty camp. We were a Dallas household for sures. So, one of my earliest style influences was Sue Ellen Ewing . Despite the pills, the booze, the philandering husband, and lost potential of a life on her own terms Miss Sue Ellen kept it quite fierce especially in the early years of the show.  Here she is serving up sternum-baring chic!  I tried to watch the reboot of the series on TNT, but I just couldn...

Cowboy Boots & Floral Skirts

Western wear has seen a resurgence here with the Cowboy Carter of it all, among other influences. I'm not one for cowgirl cosplay, but I do enjoy a good boot. Here I've styled by western boots with a mixed print autumnal outfit.  Blazer-- Luciano Barbera via Threadflip(now defunct), henley-Gap(similar here ), shirt-Uniqlo(similar here ), skirt- Amazon , boots-Coconuts via DSW(similar here ), necklace/bracelet- Slide Jewelry , ring/necklace-Ana Luisa(similar here and here ) I last featured these boots in a spring/summer look here . And I styled them with this same skirt back in April here . While this top is part of a "matching set" featured here  I'm doing the classic styling hack of "breaking it up" and the olive green coordinates with the skirt. You can watch my reel of the cinching drawstring features of this shirt here .  Again I'm wearing the promotional Slide Jewelry set. Here's a referral link to also become an ambassador for discounts ...