Skip to main content

The Last Outfit BC







jacket-Piperlime(similar from Asos here), pants-Gap, tee/socks-Target, loafers-Just Fab(similar here), scarf-American Apparel, bag-Gifted

Those of you who follow me on instagram and Facebook already may know, I had my baby! Yep, I was induced 18 days early, and this outfit was what I wore to the doctor's appointment that preceded the late night/early morning arrival of my daughter, Charlotte Ann Keller. My husband and photographer, Mr. Keller shot this pics on his phone outside the hospital of my OB/GYN's office before a routine-ish appointment.

The grey tee and black pants are pretty basic, the details of argyle socks and my dandy-ish loafers, paired with this floral bomber give these basics some flair. In fact, this jacket can really amp up a variety of standard looks without being too over the top. Plus, it's a great "throw-on" piece that layers well. I wore a hoodie underneath it for the trip home from the hospital.

So here's to the last outfit BC, Before Charlotte, and the last pics of me pregnant with her. I'll be taking most of the month of December off from blogging as I figure out this whole Mommy thing. Check back in the New Year for post-partum/New Mom outfitting and some potential baby outfitting as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Lennox Realness!

Love the tuxedo detail of these cropped pants. coat/pants-Jcrew(similar here and here ), blazer-Zara(similar here ), shirt-Asos(sort of similar here ), shoes-DSW(really cool here ), gloves-Brian Atwood for Neiman Marcus/Target(more gloves here ), sunglasses-Banana Republic(similar here ) I'm feeling very Annie Lennox circa Eurythmics in this outfit, eh? Most times wearing a coat is a necessity, not necessarily an intricate part of the outfit, but here it really makes the look. And even though the blazer is covered up the hints of it, almost like a lining, work break up an all grey/white look.  And now for your viewing pleasure  Sweet Dreams:   Have a great weekend!

Hamptons-Poolside-Chic meets Sue Ellen Ewing Early '80's Realness

Okay, this post title is ridiculous I know, BUT come on, it's accurate am I right? blouse- JOA via Le Tote , necklace/bracelet- Le Tote , trousers- Zara , belt-J.Crew,(similar here ) wedges- Sole Society These pleated drapey pants scream early 80's glamour. Paired with this sailor-suit-esque blouse I was definitely ready for a seaside cocktail party, right? This outfit also called to mind the elegance of early 80's  Dallas .  It has been my experience that as a child of the 80's one's house was either in the Dallas camp or the Dynasty camp. We were a Dallas household for sures. So, one of my earliest style influences was Sue Ellen Ewing . Despite the pills, the booze, the philandering husband, and lost potential of a life on her own terms Miss Sue Ellen kept it quite fierce especially in the early years of the show.  Here she is serving up sternum-baring chic!  I tried to watch the reboot of the series on TNT, but I just couldn...

Cowboy Boots & Floral Skirts

Western wear has seen a resurgence here with the Cowboy Carter of it all, among other influences. I'm not one for cowgirl cosplay, but I do enjoy a good boot. Here I've styled by western boots with a mixed print autumnal outfit.  Blazer-- Luciano Barbera via Threadflip(now defunct), henley-Gap(similar here ), shirt-Uniqlo(similar here ), skirt- Amazon , boots-Coconuts via DSW(similar here ), necklace/bracelet- Slide Jewelry , ring/necklace-Ana Luisa(similar here and here ) I last featured these boots in a spring/summer look here . And I styled them with this same skirt back in April here . While this top is part of a "matching set" featured here  I'm doing the classic styling hack of "breaking it up" and the olive green coordinates with the skirt. You can watch my reel of the cinching drawstring features of this shirt here .  Again I'm wearing the promotional Slide Jewelry set. Here's a referral link to also become an ambassador for discounts ...