Skip to main content

One Big Dress












Dress-Gap,(similar here) vest-Thrifted(similar from Zara here), wedges-DSW(similar here), necklace/ring-Jewel Mint, sunnies-Ralph Lauren(similar here)

It may be time to retire the belted dress technique seen in yesterday's post here, but I'm not giving up my stripes! I got this oversized t-shirt dress mid-spring and sort of forgot about it... Or, should I say I intentionally set it aside for my 3rd trimester... yeah, let's go with that! As you can see it has pockets, is super comfy, and layers beautifully under my thrifted waistcoat for a semi-casual work outfit. Waistcoats and vests are a great way to start introducing layers into your early fall outfits before you NEED to pile on the long-sleeves, cardigans, and blazers. Autumn is coming and I'm getting excited for sweaters, boots, and scarves--how about you? 

And here's a look at how big this piece really is!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annie Lennox Realness!

Love the tuxedo detail of these cropped pants. coat/pants-Jcrew(similar here and here ), blazer-Zara(similar here ), shirt-Asos(sort of similar here ), shoes-DSW(really cool here ), gloves-Brian Atwood for Neiman Marcus/Target(more gloves here ), sunglasses-Banana Republic(similar here ) I'm feeling very Annie Lennox circa Eurythmics in this outfit, eh? Most times wearing a coat is a necessity, not necessarily an intricate part of the outfit, but here it really makes the look. And even though the blazer is covered up the hints of it, almost like a lining, work break up an all grey/white look.  And now for your viewing pleasure  Sweet Dreams:   Have a great weekend!

Hamptons-Poolside-Chic meets Sue Ellen Ewing Early '80's Realness

Okay, this post title is ridiculous I know, BUT come on, it's accurate am I right? blouse- JOA via Le Tote , necklace/bracelet- Le Tote , trousers- Zara , belt-J.Crew,(similar here ) wedges- Sole Society These pleated drapey pants scream early 80's glamour. Paired with this sailor-suit-esque blouse I was definitely ready for a seaside cocktail party, right? This outfit also called to mind the elegance of early 80's  Dallas .  It has been my experience that as a child of the 80's one's house was either in the Dallas camp or the Dynasty camp. We were a Dallas household for sures. So, one of my earliest style influences was Sue Ellen Ewing . Despite the pills, the booze, the philandering husband, and lost potential of a life on her own terms Miss Sue Ellen kept it quite fierce especially in the early years of the show.  Here she is serving up sternum-baring chic!  I tried to watch the reboot of the series on TNT, but I just couldn...

Cowboy Boots & Floral Skirts

Western wear has seen a resurgence here with the Cowboy Carter of it all, among other influences. I'm not one for cowgirl cosplay, but I do enjoy a good boot. Here I've styled by western boots with a mixed print autumnal outfit.  Blazer-- Luciano Barbera via Threadflip(now defunct), henley-Gap(similar here ), shirt-Uniqlo(similar here ), skirt- Amazon , boots-Coconuts via DSW(similar here ), necklace/bracelet- Slide Jewelry , ring/necklace-Ana Luisa(similar here and here ) I last featured these boots in a spring/summer look here . And I styled them with this same skirt back in April here . While this top is part of a "matching set" featured here  I'm doing the classic styling hack of "breaking it up" and the olive green coordinates with the skirt. You can watch my reel of the cinching drawstring features of this shirt here .  Again I'm wearing the promotional Slide Jewelry set. Here's a referral link to also become an ambassador for discounts ...