Okay, this post title is ridiculous I know, BUT come on, it's accurate am I right?
These pleated drapey pants scream early 80's glamour. Paired with this sailor-suit-esque blouse I was definitely ready for a seaside cocktail party, right? This outfit also called to mind the elegance of early 80's Dallas. It has been my experience that as a child of the 80's one's house was either in the Dallas camp or the Dynasty camp. We were a Dallas household for sures. So, one of my earliest style influences was Sue Ellen Ewing. Despite the pills, the booze, the philandering husband, and lost potential of a life on her own terms Miss Sue Ellen kept it quite fierce especially in the early years of the show.
I tried to watch the reboot of the series on TNT, but I just couldn't get into it. The nostalgia for the original show was too strong and the new cast wasn't blowing my skirt up all that much.
blouse-JOA via Le Tote, necklace/bracelet-Le Tote, trousers-Zara, belt-J.Crew,(similar here) wedges-Sole Society
These pleated drapey pants scream early 80's glamour. Paired with this sailor-suit-esque blouse I was definitely ready for a seaside cocktail party, right? This outfit also called to mind the elegance of early 80's Dallas. It has been my experience that as a child of the 80's one's house was either in the Dallas camp or the Dynasty camp. We were a Dallas household for sures. So, one of my earliest style influences was Sue Ellen Ewing. Despite the pills, the booze, the philandering husband, and lost potential of a life on her own terms Miss Sue Ellen kept it quite fierce especially in the early years of the show.
Here she is serving up sternum-baring chic!
I tried to watch the reboot of the series on TNT, but I just couldn't get into it. The nostalgia for the original show was too strong and the new cast wasn't blowing my skirt up all that much.

Discover personalized patches for hats no minimum USA options for projects that require flexibility without large order quantities. Create custom patches for hats featuring logos, names, artwork, slogans, or unique graphics. These patches can personalize merchandise, uniforms, promotional hats, and everyday accessories. Explore custom personalized patches for hats and personalized patches for hat designs, with wholesale solutions also available for larger customization projects.
ReplyDelete