Skip to main content

Baby Buys

Now that I'm pretty well set for my own Fall shopping as seen in this post. I've turned my attention to baby girl's fall apparel with some of these recent buys!





These "ruffle-butt" pants and the coordinated onsie are the baby version of a matching set! At least, that's how I'm treating them. I'm loving the darker tones and whimsical, bunny print for the chillier days ahead. 


I didn't actually pick up THIS pair of striped leggings, BUT they are similar to the several pairs I've purchased in anticipation of Little Miss crawling around. I mean, what's the point of crawling and learning to walk if you can't show off your gams in some stripes, amiright?!


Grey, ivory, and burdundy is a classic, yet unexpected color palette for fall and fairly gender-neutral(which I lean towards). And, having mix n' match onsies allows me to send one to daycare in case of an accident.  



This striped dress keeps the color story going from above. With dresses you can mix and match tights, and/or leggings. I can also see this working with baby jeans. The dress-over-pants trend isn't just for us adult outfitters. 

Duh, obvie! 




And for some fun I picked up a few pairs of  baby "leggings" aka leg-warmers for my baby and some friends' babies from the aptly named Baby Leggings






The patterns are great, no? Southwest-inspired, stripes, mustaches, fawns, birds--they are fairly unisex and apparently one-size fits all.  I know baby leg-warmers may seem a bit ridic, HOWEVER they do offer easy access for diaper changes while baby's legs stay warm. I'm thinking they'll also provide great coverage as my baby girl starts crawling on our hardwood floors.  PLUS, they have themed pairs, which are a cute nod to the season/holiday, see below:


I love the idea of holiday-theme leggings that the baby can wear more than once, as they fit newborns-up to 24 months. So her Halloween flair is set for this year and the next! 



And while all of these retailers are fairly run-of-the-mill, in a good way as I REFUSE to spend too much money on clothes she'll grow out of in less than 3 months, there ARE some companies that are indeed aspirational....




This onsie is adorable and there have several fun graphic pieces similar to this WITH matching sweatpants, but at $40(!!!) for a casual piece that she'll probably poop through, even on sale at $20 it's just not practical. 



Speaking of totally impractical but fantasy-level baby fashion....



Janie and Jack's current fall offerings are my little girl equestrian dreams!!! This entire outfit, (which of course isn't complete since you'd need a shirt) costs $183!!!!  Those wellies, poncho, and plaid pants are just the tip of the iceberg. Look at this dress!!!!


ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!!! I would have died for this dress as a little girl, and so would my parents at the price--$69. 

Here's the thing, I'm not a miser by any means, but I have to be strict when it comes to shopping for baby girl. There are so many adorable and cute options out there that speak to my personal style and childhood fantasies. So, I've made it a rule to NEVER pay full price on baby clothes, because there are usually sales, plus Once Upon A Child is great thrifting option, and grandparents usually come baring gifts when they visit. 

And with the bunny-print matching set, stripes galore, and girl-positive message tops I think Little Miss will be rocking some pretty stellar looks come fall! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Things

First: Isabel Marant's collocation for H&M debuts today in select stores AND online at noon, so you may want to get up on that.  Here are a few looks I'm lusting after. Hello mixed patterns!   Love the oversized coat and the detail on these jeans.   Patterned blazer, cropped colorful trousers, yes please!   Of course, I cannot partake in this collection with my Year Of No Shopping, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. So get ready to go by noon because I'm sure this noise will sell out fast.   Number Two: I'm thinking about a new haircut.  Something along the lines of Tilda Swinton .     What do we think? I'm not going to go blond, but I like the shorter/buzzed sides and back with length on the top. Mr. Keller is hesitant, he thinks it's too masculine, but I'm kind of in the mood to go a bit edgy and I've had the same cut now for two-ish years...  FYI: Tilda Swinton is my spirit animal!    

A Little Rockabilly, A Little Punk Rock

How punk rock is this sweater?! I like how the pinkish color of the shirt is like a flesh tone, giving the idea of exposed skin while still being covered up . And these strands have a lovely drape.   sweater/skirt-Mikkat Market(similar here and here ), shirt-Nasty Gal(similar here ), heels- Nine West     This outfit is all about mixing up dynamics.  The leopard print pencil skirt is a major shout out to rockabilly-vixen- Bettie-Page -realness, while the shredded-backed sweater pays homage to my girl Nancy Spungen .  These two style mash-ups are brought together and softened by this soft and airy button-down shirt, which has its own amazing details with the collar tips.  Since there's a lot of references going on in this outfit I kept he shoes simple. Besides you usually can't go wrong with Mary Janes.     

Nasty Gal

Since the weather has been horrible I've been consoling myself with online shopping. And have made my first purchase with Nasty Gal : Lacy Chiffon Blouse Yuma Studded Blouse Alva Knit Dotted Stud Blouse Apparently I'm having a button-up shirt craving. I think all three of these shirts could work with the sweater, which is an alternative to your basic pull-over and may be a bit too edgy for work. But, I'm thinking a conservative wool trousers would nicely balance it out.  And in writing this I've come to the realization that my work "uniform" for the rest of the winter will focus on mixing edgy pieces, (or items with unexpected details) with conservative basics.  That might not always actually happen, but it's a good starting off point in planning a week's office wear.  Okay, enough of my pontificating, go check out the sale over at Nasty Gal there are some great deals to be had.