Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Plaid Trousers and Sweater Vest in the Weeds












After I got up on the ledge I had to brush some jaggers off my trouser leg


shirt/trousers-Jcrew(similar here capri style here), sweater vest-Asos, shoes-Target(similar here), jewelry-JewelMint



The idea for this outfit originated with a slide show from Refinery 29's 7 Ways to Wear an Oxford Shirt. The first slide suggests layering a button-down under a sporty sweat shirt.  Instead I paired mine with this quirky sweater vest.  I will admit this sweater vest does add some bulk, and it may have been more flattering to just tuck in the shirt and belt this sh*t up, but would that be an outfit?  Who knows...  Either way, I enjoy how this look is a bit "old man golfing" and when you're wearing plaid trousers sometimes you just have to go for it. 

2 comments:

Gift Guide Part 3--Literature

So far I've covered beauty products and socks in this year's round of gift guides, which are prefect gift categories for the comin...