Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dressing to Match the House








coat/tights-Target(similar here), tunic-ModCloth(another horse-head shirt here), shirt-Ralph Lauren, boots-DSW(similar here),  bracelet-JewelMint, necklace-Cookie Lee c/o Debra Reed (more necklaces here)


I did not intentionally pack an outfit to match the exterior of my brother-in-law's house, but sometimes these things just have a way of working out.   I also must admit that this was kind of a thrown together look.  Or in other words, I didn't do a "dry-run."  You know how sometimes you have an idea for an outfit and you try it on in your bedroom and play music and jump around like a rock star?  Maybe, that's just me, but anyway I thought about putting this button down under this sweatshirt tunic, but I didn't test it out.  Instead I just threw a bunch of things in my suitcase and hoped for the best.

And let's talk about this tunic, shall we?  Okay, it's a sweatshirt tunic with a horse's head embrodiered on the front and gold grommets down the side.... So yeah, there's a lot going on in this one garment.  When faced with a busy item of clothing I feel one has two options, either downplay it or embrace it. Here's I've kind of done both.

2 comments:

  1. This is like fashion therapy - good to know there are others out there singing into their hair brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is good to know I'm not the only one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Putting Geese On It

blazer/necklace-J.Crew(similar here and here ), shirt-Unqilo(more options here ), cords-Gap(similar here ),...