Monday, May 14, 2012

The Nautical Look Takes to the Streets!







Thrifted Ralph Lauren purse!


I definitely needed some high shoes to take full advantage of these jeans.

There's a whole lot of leg going on!

jacket-Old Navy, tee-Style Mint, jeans-Urban Outfitters, bag-Ralph Lauren(thrifted), bracelet/rings-Jewel Mint, necklace-thrifted.

After I saw this post from Dirty Hair Halo I knew I NEEDED these jeans. I may have them hemmed when its all said and done.  But until then I recently wore them to the Hemingway's Summer Poetry Series last week. I feel this outfit gives a nod to the nautical trend with the stripes and colors.  However, with the denim jacket and the 70's cut of the jeans it feels more urban or "street"than traditional preppy/hamptons nautical. I like that reversal and it could be done the other way round, as in taking a traditionally urban trend/look and doing a preppy/sophisticated take on it.  I shall have to experiment with this idea...  Any suggestions on trends to switch from high society to street and/or vice verse?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last of the Little White Dress

\ dress-Need Supply(similar here ), bag-G.H. Bass Factory Outlet(similar here ), flats- Dr. Scholl...