Skip to main content

Birchbox Wins

I've been a "Birchbox-er" for several years and have always enjoyed receiving my monthly sampler of surprises. Some months are better than others, and while I'm not a huge beauty gal I have discovered some amazing products to compliment my fairly simple beauty routine. Here are a few that have really hit the mark for me.





I keep these papers at my desk at work, as they have become part of my meeting prep. I pat a sheet on my face, spray some scent, and swipe some lip balm before I head to meetings. Of course, I also prepare actual work stuff, but looking presentable is just as important. 

This moisturizing spray can be used all over the body, but I've been using it for my face. Just a quick spritz whenever my skin is feeling rundown, especially after taking off my makeup. I also use it in my morning regime, as a kick start to my regular moisturizer and primer before makeup. 


This supposedly freshens a fully made-up face on-the-go. This is another "at work" product, that I've been trying in conjunction with the blotting papers. Not sure if it's really doing much, but it feels nice and is fun! 


I have this in the shade of "No Strings" which is a dark pink berry tone and provides just a touch of pigment to my lips. I have a love/hate relationship with lip color. More times than not, I feel it makes me look like a little girl playing with makeup, instead of just having a dynamic lip. This Lip Lush, so far as been giving me a more seamless overall look. 



And coming in next month's box!

Very excited to try this product! I read a great review on Refinery29 and the video preview of the sample suggests using it as an overnight spot treatment as well, Best of both worlds! 

What beauty products are rocking your world as of late? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Things

First: Isabel Marant's collocation for H&M debuts today in select stores AND online at noon, so you may want to get up on that.  Here are a few looks I'm lusting after. Hello mixed patterns!   Love the oversized coat and the detail on these jeans.   Patterned blazer, cropped colorful trousers, yes please!   Of course, I cannot partake in this collection with my Year Of No Shopping, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. So get ready to go by noon because I'm sure this noise will sell out fast.   Number Two: I'm thinking about a new haircut.  Something along the lines of Tilda Swinton .     What do we think? I'm not going to go blond, but I like the shorter/buzzed sides and back with length on the top. Mr. Keller is hesitant, he thinks it's too masculine, but I'm kind of in the mood to go a bit edgy and I've had the same cut now for two-ish years...  FYI: Tilda Swinton is my spirit animal!    

Nasty Gal

Since the weather has been horrible I've been consoling myself with online shopping. And have made my first purchase with Nasty Gal : Lacy Chiffon Blouse Yuma Studded Blouse Alva Knit Dotted Stud Blouse Apparently I'm having a button-up shirt craving. I think all three of these shirts could work with the sweater, which is an alternative to your basic pull-over and may be a bit too edgy for work. But, I'm thinking a conservative wool trousers would nicely balance it out.  And in writing this I've come to the realization that my work "uniform" for the rest of the winter will focus on mixing edgy pieces, (or items with unexpected details) with conservative basics.  That might not always actually happen, but it's a good starting off point in planning a week's office wear.  Okay, enough of my pontificating, go check out the sale over at Nasty Gal there are some great deals to be had.

Mid-Summer Sales!!!!

It's time for one of my all time favorite summer activities! No, not bbq and fireworks, but the mid-summer/4th of July sales!!! There are bargains to be had everywhere you turn and I've already scored some deals here this past week!  From Zara 's Sale: Waistband Trousers Oversized Tee From J.Crew : Linen Shorts Side-Slit Tee And a few pieces I'm thinking of from ModCloth : ModCloth T-Shirt Dress Chambray Tunic True, these pieces are a bit "basic" but I'm thinking of the 80/20 Wardrobe Plan . 80% of your closet serves as foundation/workhorse pieces with 20% consisting of statement, more fanciful items. Like this "coatigan" from Nasty Gal Wool Coatigan Just think how this coat/cardi hybrid will pop against the t-shirt dress above, and/or the grey pants and either t-shirt, for a solid 80/20 outfit!  Regardless of how you approach your mid-season shopping the point is to get up on the