Skip to main content

She's Going to Stevie Nicks, but What is She Going to Wear!

 My dear lovely husband for the month of my birth has gotten us two tickets to see Stevie Nicks when she rolls into town here this September!! As any time when plans are made the next question is what will I wear?  Since it's my birthday and it's Stevie I'm thinking I may have to Rent the Runway for the concert.


1. 


This floral number has been on my wish list with Rent the Runway for awhile. Not for any particular occasion, but just as an option come what may. I like the higher neck and the summery feel it has, it's for sure giving me Silver Springs vibes, but is it witchy enough? 


2.



This midi has side cutouts, sheer sleeves, a half-skirt, and definitely has a dark romance vibe more up the Stevie Nicks alley.  I think also, since the concert is in September the cutouts and lighter fabric would work better in the still summer weather. But I'm not feeling a particular song with this pick, but I think it's an overall solid contender. 

3.


Now here she is being a bit more fancy then the two dresses above. This gown is dark romance for sure, but also a bit of an 80's vibe with the metallic print. I'm feeling Gypsy and also Gold Dust Woman from her. 

4.


This gown is Rhiannon!!! Ethereal Welsh Witch if I do say so myself. Romantic, metallic, whimsical, and backless! Oh to twirl in her... 

5. 

Here's a very different option, all short and sassy compared to the other picks in this post. This feels like a great dress to dance in and really rock out, go hard like Fall from Grace or better yet Edge of Seventeen. 

6.


Now here I go again, I see the crystal vision in this frock! Heavy Dreams energy from the celestial print and dramatic silhouette.

 

Okay, friends I need your help! Which dress, which Stevie energy are you feeling? Please vote in the comments with the number (or song(s) titles) you'd like to see me in, think would be best for the concert, or is your personal favorite.  Time is of the essence, dress availability goes down as we get closer to September. Final vote deadline by August 5th! 

Comments

  1. "Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night
    And wouldn't you love to love her?
    Takes to the sky like a bird in flight
    And who will be her lover?
    All your life you've never seen
    Woman taken by the wind
    Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
    Will you ever win?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreams unwind, love's a state of mind... thanks for the comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Two Things

First: Isabel Marant's collocation for H&M debuts today in select stores AND online at noon, so you may want to get up on that.  Here are a few looks I'm lusting after. Hello mixed patterns!   Love the oversized coat and the detail on these jeans.   Patterned blazer, cropped colorful trousers, yes please!   Of course, I cannot partake in this collection with my Year Of No Shopping, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. So get ready to go by noon because I'm sure this noise will sell out fast.   Number Two: I'm thinking about a new haircut.  Something along the lines of Tilda Swinton .     What do we think? I'm not going to go blond, but I like the shorter/buzzed sides and back with length on the top. Mr. Keller is hesitant, he thinks it's too masculine, but I'm kind of in the mood to go a bit edgy and I've had the same cut now for two-ish years...  FYI: Tilda Swinton is my spirit animal!    

Nasty Gal

Since the weather has been horrible I've been consoling myself with online shopping. And have made my first purchase with Nasty Gal : Lacy Chiffon Blouse Yuma Studded Blouse Alva Knit Dotted Stud Blouse Apparently I'm having a button-up shirt craving. I think all three of these shirts could work with the sweater, which is an alternative to your basic pull-over and may be a bit too edgy for work. But, I'm thinking a conservative wool trousers would nicely balance it out.  And in writing this I've come to the realization that my work "uniform" for the rest of the winter will focus on mixing edgy pieces, (or items with unexpected details) with conservative basics.  That might not always actually happen, but it's a good starting off point in planning a week's office wear.  Okay, enough of my pontificating, go check out the sale over at Nasty Gal there are some great deals to be had.

Mid-Summer Sales!!!!

It's time for one of my all time favorite summer activities! No, not bbq and fireworks, but the mid-summer/4th of July sales!!! There are bargains to be had everywhere you turn and I've already scored some deals here this past week!  From Zara 's Sale: Waistband Trousers Oversized Tee From J.Crew : Linen Shorts Side-Slit Tee And a few pieces I'm thinking of from ModCloth : ModCloth T-Shirt Dress Chambray Tunic True, these pieces are a bit "basic" but I'm thinking of the 80/20 Wardrobe Plan . 80% of your closet serves as foundation/workhorse pieces with 20% consisting of statement, more fanciful items. Like this "coatigan" from Nasty Gal Wool Coatigan Just think how this coat/cardi hybrid will pop against the t-shirt dress above, and/or the grey pants and either t-shirt, for a solid 80/20 outfit!  Regardless of how you approach your mid-season shopping the point is to get up on the