Skip to main content

Mirror Selfies 2021

 Who among us hasn't taken a mirror selfie? And in these pandemic times, there have been days when only the mirror (and my husband and kids) have gotten to witness my outfitting skills. You may recall last year some posts on "What I would have worn to a holiday party"  here and here.   

Well for my last post this year I wanted to highlight a few of the year's mirror selfies, most notably those I took in the office bathroom on the days I was at an actually place of business, not my third floor (drafty) den. 


blazer-Zara(more options here), cami-LilySilk pants-Gap(similar here) loafer-Anne Klein(similar here)

I posted this on Instagram in September, as an early return-to-the-office look.  Wanted something not too-over-the-top, but elevated with a pop! And she was accessorized with RBG! 

RBG Pin-Wildfang(currently available here)

sweater-Gap, pants-Anthropologie(similar here), loafers-Anne Klein(similar here)

What can I say I love a printed pant, and these toile trousers are above and beyond printed.  Rendered in black and white, they are quite versatile, I could have easily paired them with the camisole and blazer above. In general with being back in a physical office a few days a week I'm trying to keep looks simple, yet still interesting. 


polish-Julep & Essie   ring-Skelton Jewelry

I did get a little fancy with some layered nail treatment/polish.



vest-Vintage, shirt-Style Mint(similar here via Poshmark), pants-J.Crew loafers-Sole Society

This vest is from a suit my dad had in the 70's and as you can see it is reversible(!!!) I don't often wear it plaid side out, which is odd because I love plaid... for this look, it acts as the "third piece" to a blouse and trousers, again a bit of pop with a silver loafer. 

Jacket-Piperlime(more options here via Poshmark), blouse-J.Crew(similar here & here), pants-Boden(similar here), flats-Allbirds

Mixed prints with a graphic floral bomber and a surreal floral shirt with wonderful teals and 🐝s. I didn't get a lot of good shots... I feel this was almost a really great look, but maybe it was too much. Maybe a black blazer would have served this look better, and/or a loafer instead of a flat, or even a heel...



Turtleneck-H&M(similar here), jumpsuit & jacket-Nordstrom Rack(similar here and here), hat--Fallon Hat in Burgundy via FabFitFun

Okay, she got a little kooky at home. Layered a turtleneck under this summer-fun jumpsuit, and finished the look with this windowpane coat and fur-ball hat for an autumnal evening out. 



I bought this pants specifically to wear to work. For most folks in an office setting, a good pair of black trousers comes in quite handy if not essential for your work wardrobe. Again, keeping the silhouette simple with this V-neck sweater and loafers. You may be wondering "where's the third piece"?  And those would be my tits, because they looked BANGING in this sweater. I may have to get this in the hot pink, or would that be too much? 

scarf-Vintage, blazer-J.Crew(similar here)

Another home pic. I had on jeans and button-down, made more of a look with a vintage scarf and navy blazer. Also posted this on Instagram, to let everyone know that while fall IS sweater weather(no one is disputing that), it's also scarf and blazer season. 


blouse-Pavement, jeans-Gap, belt-Amazon, boots-Vince Camuto via Nordstrom

I love this blouse, always get compliments on it, and it looks great with trousers, skirts, and jeans. These jeans are of the higher-waisted, looser-leg variety that I picked up after reading this article. While I'm not one to lean into the whole "mom" jeans aesthetic, I'm not going to die on a skinny jean hill.  Denim dilemma aside, the belt and boots are by far my favorite pieces of this look.  

So that's it for me for 2021. It was a very odd year, again, and posting was sporadic at best, to be honest so was outfitting.  Hopefully we can shoot some looks over the break and come back with some fun posts in the new year.  Follow me on Instagram for more #officebathroomselfies and pictures of my kids.  

Happy Holidays and Take Care!


--B



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Things

First: Isabel Marant's collocation for H&M debuts today in select stores AND online at noon, so you may want to get up on that.  Here are a few looks I'm lusting after. Hello mixed patterns!   Love the oversized coat and the detail on these jeans.   Patterned blazer, cropped colorful trousers, yes please!   Of course, I cannot partake in this collection with my Year Of No Shopping, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. So get ready to go by noon because I'm sure this noise will sell out fast.   Number Two: I'm thinking about a new haircut.  Something along the lines of Tilda Swinton .     What do we think? I'm not going to go blond, but I like the shorter/buzzed sides and back with length on the top. Mr. Keller is hesitant, he thinks it's too masculine, but I'm kind of in the mood to go a bit edgy and I've had the same cut now for two-ish years...  FYI: Tilda Swinton is my spirit animal!    

Nasty Gal

Since the weather has been horrible I've been consoling myself with online shopping. And have made my first purchase with Nasty Gal : Lacy Chiffon Blouse Yuma Studded Blouse Alva Knit Dotted Stud Blouse Apparently I'm having a button-up shirt craving. I think all three of these shirts could work with the sweater, which is an alternative to your basic pull-over and may be a bit too edgy for work. But, I'm thinking a conservative wool trousers would nicely balance it out.  And in writing this I've come to the realization that my work "uniform" for the rest of the winter will focus on mixing edgy pieces, (or items with unexpected details) with conservative basics.  That might not always actually happen, but it's a good starting off point in planning a week's office wear.  Okay, enough of my pontificating, go check out the sale over at Nasty Gal there are some great deals to be had.

Mid-Summer Sales!!!!

It's time for one of my all time favorite summer activities! No, not bbq and fireworks, but the mid-summer/4th of July sales!!! There are bargains to be had everywhere you turn and I've already scored some deals here this past week!  From Zara 's Sale: Waistband Trousers Oversized Tee From J.Crew : Linen Shorts Side-Slit Tee And a few pieces I'm thinking of from ModCloth : ModCloth T-Shirt Dress Chambray Tunic True, these pieces are a bit "basic" but I'm thinking of the 80/20 Wardrobe Plan . 80% of your closet serves as foundation/workhorse pieces with 20% consisting of statement, more fanciful items. Like this "coatigan" from Nasty Gal Wool Coatigan Just think how this coat/cardi hybrid will pop against the t-shirt dress above, and/or the grey pants and either t-shirt, for a solid 80/20 outfit!  Regardless of how you approach your mid-season shopping the point is to get up on the