Monday, August 13, 2012

Mixing Patterns and Pleats









blazer-Urban Outfitters(similar here), blouse-Banana Republic(sort of similar here),
skirt-Zara, heels-Target(sort of similar here), necklace-gifted


This blouse is way old, but I'm still finding new ways to wear it.  However, it was not my first choice when considering options for this skirt bought on sale from Zara.  The patterns don't perfectly match, but they do work together, people thought this was a dress at first. I like how the pleats in the skirt call up to the more subtle pleats of the blouse, lovely little details! And of course I've put a blazer on it to give it structure, that's a trick I use quite often, and it always seems to work.  

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I would have never thought to put the two together, but you're right, it works. Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Sometimes you just have to play around a bit before finding the right combo.

    ReplyDelete

Gift Guide Part 3--Literature

So far I've covered beauty products and socks in this year's round of gift guides, which are prefect gift categories for the comin...