Monday, March 12, 2012

Bridal Shower Outfit For Reals

You may recall this post on a bridal shower outfit idea here.  Well I came up with an even better idea--a trick that can be used for any event wherein you are bringing a present.  Match your outfit with the gift! Case in point:



I got this vintage ice bucket and glassware from Hey Betty.  The theme of the shower was "gifts for the home bar" and I think I knocked it out of the park, if I do say so myself.  

Now for the outfit!!!!







jumpsuit/collar-Asos(similar collar here), blazer/belt/watch-UrbanOutfitters(similar belt here), ring-JewelMint, shoes-Target (similar here)



I took the color scheme of black, gold, silver, and white as inspiration from the gift.  But, I also played up the vintage vibe of the ice bucket and glasses.  Granted the gift has more of a 30's art deco flavor and this outfit veers toward the 80's however, the main point is that if you are attending a gift-giving function and have no clue what to wear, find inspiration in the gift you're bringing.  This can also work for a potluck.  Check that out here from Miss Moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Chic Summer Trouser

sweater-Uniqlo(more sweaters here ), top-J.Crew(similar here ), trousers-Zara(similarish ...